There are many types of potentially hazardous energy including, electrical, thermal, chemical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and gravitational energy. All such forms of energy must be locked out, blocked or released to ensure that machinery or equipment does not turn on or move during installation, repair or maintenance.
Failure to control these hazards has the potential to cause severe workplace injuries.
This course is designed to ensure employers, management, and workers can identify the hazards associated with uncontrolled energy and the proper methods of controlling that energy through a soundly developed and implemented lockout program.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain lockout and associated definitions
- Identify hazardous energy control program elements
- Identify proper lockout devices
- List the steps to lockout
- Identify different lockout processes
- Recognize alternate hazardous energy control methods
This course is based on CSA Z460-13 Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout and Other Methods
Booking a Training Session
To enquire about booking a lockout training course for your company please call 647-292-4882 or book your session today.